At the Sara Phillips spring 2011 showing, Redken hair director John Pulitano created these looks to models at Phillips’ Australian fashion week show.
- Apply a liberal amount of gel to the hair, root to tip, section by section. The Redken team used Redken Hardwear 16 gel.
- Rub a small amount of mousse (such as Redken’s Guts 10) into the roots and blow dry.
- Section hair from the fringe area to the crown and fold the remaining hair back into a low, firm bun. Secure with pins.
- Apply a second layer of mousse to the front section to enhance the texture. TIP: Spray the hair lightly with water before applying the mousse to avoid it going ‘crunchy’.
- Back comb and scrunch the hair to encourage texture before placing it back over the head and pinning it into place, allowing tendrils to fold down the back of the neck and over the folded bun at the nape.